Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Tonight our sweet little girl took her first steps!! Holy cow! I wasn't expecting her to walk to Daddy but she just did it! At least 4 steps every time. It was amazing! I wanted to cry and cheer for her at the same time. She was so proud of herself... she clapped after every time. We just kept having her walk back and forth from mom to dad. She loved it.
I can't believe our little Addie is starting to walk all on her own. What an exciting and unique feeling! I have loved watching her try to roll over, figure out crawling and now walking without anyone holding her hands! She has been so determined to accomplish those things. She continues to try again and again! Addie has been such an inspiration to me this last year... Being a mom has been the most wonderful and satisfying thing I have ever done. Each day is new and exciting with Addie. I feel like she really is my best buddie! She makes everything fun.. even boring ol' errands.
It makes me sad to see how fast she is growing and learning. But I'm so proud of her and what a great baby she has been. She has brought so much love and laughter to our home! With her starting to walk and her up coming first birthday, it really makes me think of how entirely grateful I am to be her mom! And to have her in my life everyday... I'm addicted to that sweet, toothy smile! :)

4 comments:

Janell H. said...

I talked to Mom last night and she filled me in!!! How exciting!! I'm so happy that you, Josh and the family were there to see it! What a big girl, she is just thriving with your love and care. It's so wonderful to see how happy you are with being a mom. I'm missin' you guys so bad!

Shannon said...

Hi I am Shannon. Your hubby and my hubby just met through Exit. Josh said to post a comment here....So HI!

In regards to your post....the time flys by too fast when kids grow up. Cherish each and every moment. Kids really can be so much fun...don't miss a second!

It will be fun getting to know you. Maybe some day we will have to meet...since our hubby's know eachother and all.

Heather Miller said...

Oh my gosh!!!! No way.....That little one isnt walking already. That is crazy. She is a doll!

Taylor Family said...

WHAT!? You didn't tell me this! YEA ADDIE!!!!!!